The all-new 2022 EQS from Mercedes-EQ.
Bridging the gap between elegance and sustainability as the first fully electric luxury sedan from Mercedes-EQ
Redefining the automobile once again, Mercedes-EQ launches the all-electric 2022 EQS Sedan.
Designed to exceed all expectations, the completely new EQS from Mercedes-EQ is the first-of-its-kind fully electric luxury vehicle. While the EQS is a close relative to the new S-Class, the electric architecture is all its own. This sedan marks a major milestone in integrating progressive mobility with executive-class luxury.
Seductively sculpted, the EQS is one of the world’s most aerodynamic production vehicle available today. Upon approach, you’ll notice the ultra-sleek exterior with an LED lightband that stretches across the entire front grille, giving you a taste of the captivating beauty that lies within. The automatic comfort doors open and close…automatically, of course.
The beautiful design extends seamlessly inside the sleek interior, revealing the available Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) Hyperscreen. Exclusive to the EQS, this 56" curved glass instrument panel stretches from door to door to seamlessly merge three screens. A zero-layer interface eliminates the need to scroll submenus or provide voice commands, as the most essential applications — charging, entertainment, phone, navigation, connectivity, massage and more — are available given the situation. Each seat offers an opportunity to interact with the vehicle for a unique experience for both driver and passengers alike.
The heart of the EQS beats with the next generation lithium-ion battery, a sophisticated, high-energy density that sets a benchmark in performance, efficiency and charging capacity. The integrated navigation uses Electric Intelligence to calculate your route while taking into account charging stops, weather conditions and topography — helping to ensure your journey flows as smoothly as the EQS itself. With easy charging opportunities in the densest network of charge points, the EQS can get a quick boost in just 15 minutes.2 And unlike traditional gas-powered engines, the EQS electric engine has its own soundscape, designed to uniquely carve out space for tranquility within the cabin.
Technology and Performance
- 107.8 kWh battery capacity
- 11.25 hours (10 – 100%) charging time, AC Charging (240V)
- 31 minutes (10 – 100%) charging time, DC fast charging (200kW)
- 329 hp and 406 lb-ft of torque (EQS 450+) and 516 hp and 611 lb-ft of torque (EQS 580 4MATIC®)
- 0-60 mph 5.5 seconds (EQS 480+) and 4.1 seconds (EQS 580 4MATIC®)
- Estimated top speed of 130 mph
- Rear-axle steering up to 4.5-degrees, optional 10-degrees
- AIRMATIC® Air Suspension with Adaptive Damping System
- DYNAMIC SELECT including Comfort, Sport, Eco and Individual driving modes
- Adjustable Regenerative Braking with Steering Wheel Paddles
- Active Ambient Lighting with Illuminated Door Sill Panels
- KEYLESS GO® with Seamless Door Handles & Hands-Free Access
- Active Parking Assist with Surround View Camera
- DIGITAL LIGHT Intelligent Lighting System with front & rear LED lightbands
- Active Highbeam Assist
- Driver Assistance Package with Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC®, Active Lane Keeping and Blind Spot Assist, and PRESAFE® PLUS including PRESAFE® Impulse Side
- Wireless Smartphone Integration & Wireless front Smartphone Charger
- Six 100W USB-C Ports
- New-generation MBUX Multimedia System with Augmented Reality Navigation system, including Natural Language Understanding and Keyword Activation (“Hey Mercedes”)
- EQS 580: Optional MBUX Hyperscreen with three displays under a single 56-inch curved glass surface:
- 12.3” Instrument Cluster, 17.7” Central OLED Touchscreen Display and 12.3” Passenger Display
- 8 CPU cores, 24 GB RAM and 46.4 GB per second RAM memory
- The largest display ever in a production Mercedes-Benz
- Haptic feedback with a total of 12 actuators under the touchscreen surface
- Supports 27 languages with Natural Language Understanding (NLU)
- Personal home screen with "Zero Layer" principle
- MBUX can be controlled by natural voice recognition
- Fluid, proactive user interface
- AI data processing for intuitive driver suggestions
- MBUX with up to seven profiles can be activated by biometric authentication, voice control and facial recognition
- EQS 450+: 12.8” Central OLED Touchscreen Portrait Display
- Fingerprint Sensor for biometric authentication of the driver to activate profile
- Active Ambient Lighting with 64 Colors, including a new EQ-Specific Color Scheme
- Front/Rear Automatic Doors with smart power open/close
- DIGITAL LIGHT with Lightband
- Active Ambient Lighting
- Heated Leather Seats with Multi-Contour Ambient Light Illumination
- Comfort Front Headrest and Rear Headrest Pillows
- Burmester® 3D Sound System with Sound Personalization
- HEPA Air Filtration for cabin air filtration
- Multicontour front seats with massage
- 4-Zone Climate Control
- Soft close doors
- Comfort center armrest with wireless charging
- Mercedes me charge capability
- Panorama Sunroof
- 20” Wheels
*Burmester is a registered trademark of Burmester Audiosysteme GmbH, Berlin, Germany.